SEC India Pvt. Ltd. since 2016 leads the Consortium bringing value to the mining and metallurgical companies of the Republic of India. The Consortium offers its services in general engineering, construction of new production complexes, retrofitting of existing facilities.
The Consortium's unites primary partners combining longstanding experience and competencies: System EngineeringCompany (Czech Republic), STATE ENTERPRISE UKRAINIAN RESEARCH & TECHNOLOGY CENTER OF METALLURGY INDUSTRY «ENERGOSTAL» (Urkaine), Azovmash Group (Ukraine), as well as leading manufacturing companies of Europe and the former CIS countries, allowing us to deliver outstanding services in the following areas:
The Consortium develops new production facilities and retrofits existing sinter plants. Following the purpose of achieving increased production capacity, agglomerate quality and reduction of emissions, our work covers:
- sinter charge make-up process averaging charge particle size, gravimetric batching (reduces fuel consumption, coke consumption for pig iron production);
- sinter agglomeration in top of the bank, sinter bed cooling, sinter grinding, sinter grading - all directed at improving combustion efficiency, reducing fuel consumption and eliminating dust loss;
- sintered cake grinding, ring or linear cooling, multi-step screening;
- bag-type filter dust collection during material handling and transportation, automated weight batching of components allows to achieve basisity and chemical composition stability of the sinter charge resulting in the increase of production capacity, reduction of solid fuel consumption;
- processing of preconditioned sinter charge allows to reduce coke consumption by 2-3% and to improve performance of the blast furnace;
- reduction of dust concentration in filtered fluke gases from 50 to 20 mg/nm3
- design and commissioning of scrubber systems for dust and sulfur removal from sinter off-gases reduces sulfur dioxide emissions by astonishing 90% and adjusts dust emission levels to global standards.
- We developed technical and business case analysis for construction of new plants, retrofitting of existing and outdated sintering units of metallurgical plants
- Construction of new sintering workshops is performed within existing site boundaries without interference of production.
The Consortium develops new plants and retrofits existing blast furnaces and workshops of any capacity, we apply our expertise to improve the following areas:
Blast furnace with top charging equipment:
Design of new blast furnace cooling systems equipped with Electrical Control & Instrumentation (EC&I), Process Control System (PCS) utilizing one of the cooling principles:
- closed loop demineralized water cooling,
- evaporative cooling system,
- cooling with process water,
- combined cooling systems for various blast furnace sections: demineralized and process water cooling, combined with process water (or demineralized water) evaporative cooler, etc.;
Fitting of bell-less top charging equipment with emission suppression by nitrogen.
- Design of blast furnace casthouses in a circular or traditional rectangular layout;
- installation of slag and iron runners employing modern refractory materials, runner hydraulics and tilts, allowing to fully mechanize and automate casthouse operations;
- integration of hi-efficiency gas extraction and scrubbing systems utilizing bag filters as well as electrostatic precipitators;
- installation of slag granulation plants in the casthouse.
Charge sequencing and auxiliary systems:
- design of modern conveyor charge sequencing systems with allocation of charge bins in confined spaces of existing stockhouses, allowing to use cold and hot (up to 800°C) sinter with emission filtration and utilization of ferriferous wastes; top charging can be performed with furnace carriages as well as conveyors;
- installation of modern high-temperature hot blast generators with stove combustion air and gas pre-heaters;
- design and installation of high-efficiency blast furnace gas cleaners employing gas expansion turbines for power generation by utilizing the blast furnace gas top pressure;
- engineering of iron desulfurization units utilizing any reagents and employing best wire pinch rolls with emission filtration;
- design of casting machine installations and iron cold storage;
- engineering design of plenum ventilation and HVAC systems;
- engineering design of demineralization systems for efficient blast furnace cooling;
- engineering of power supply and electric lighting systems for blast furnace complexes;
- engineering of pulvirized coal injection (PCI) units for blast furnaces.
The Consortium develops new steel making facilities and retrofits existing steel making plants, including:
- electric furnace melting shops with electric furnaces with 25 - 200 tons capacity;
- oxygen convertor shops, with convertors of 50 to 350 tons capacity upgraded with modern gas exhaust ducts;
- secondary metallurgy utilizing ladle furnace and vacuum degasser (vacuum degassing chamber, batch degasser, circulation degassing vessels);
- continuous casting shops with continuous casting machines (CCM), including graded CCM of 3 to 8 strands capacity
- integration of modern steel smelting technologies for wide array of steel grades production;
- installation of electric arc furnaces of high unit capacity, with heat duration of 30-35 minutes;
- introduction of scrap-metal pre-heating with process gas;
- implementation of high-efficiency off-gas coolers and gas purification systems for gas exhaust ducts;
- increase of oxygen convertor capacity with high-efficiency off-gas purification, off-gas heat recovery systems, partial or complete carbon monoxide afterburners, oxygen convertor off-gas utilization for non-afterburner applications;
- adaptation of modern furnace cooling systems;
- engineering design of recycling water suply;
- adaption of combined oxygen convertor purging;
- adaption of iron desulfurization technologies;
- utilization of production wastes as slag flux and additives (off-gas dust pelletizing and introduction of pellets into the charge);
- implementation of modern two-tier automated control system
- installation of single, double and four-strand, AC Motor driven, VSD controlled pinch rollers for flux core wire feed into the molten mass
- integrating engineering design for new construction, modernization and technical retrofitting of gas purification systems downstream of primary process units, equipped with bag filters reducing emission to meet the strict regulations.
The Consortium develops new mills and revamps existing rolling mills employing modern hot and cold rolling mills, covering the following areas:
- light merchant mills, heavy merchant mills, plate mills, wire mills, rod mills, with in-line cooling;
- rail and structural steel mills;
- wide-strip mills;
- for production of electric welded pipes, roll-formed sections, wire products, sectional bars of all sizes, special bar production, including application ready rolled products;
- production of coated rolled products, including galvanization;
- rolling of continuous cast section from the continuous casting machine (CCM)
- employment of slitting rolls, small sized blocks, continuous size and shape monitoring systems for rolled products;
- efficient rolling mill cooling, including closed loop zero-discharge water systems;
- High-precision Electrical Control & Instrumentation (EC&I) and Process Control System (PCS)
- integration of modern electrical equipment and components, including variable speed drives (VSD)
- employment of computer assisted technological process modelling
- precise synchronization of rolling mill with the continuous casting machine (CCM)
- technology and equipment for production of billets and slabs
- technology and equipment for production of transport-grade metals (high-tensile rails, rail chairs, rail plates, tie plates and other rail braces and accessories);
- technology and equipment for production of high-durability rails for extreme service conditions;
- rail quenching technology with high-frequency current and rolling heat;
- technology and equipment for deformation and thermal processing of rolled section and sheet metals in the rolling mill process;
- technology and equipment for production of cold rolled section metals and wire in roller drawing dies;
- technology and equipment for production of roll formed sections for wide array of applications, involving additional processing, perforation, etc.;
- technology and equipment for production of elastic rolled products;
- technology and equipment for quench tempering of 30-120 mm dia. rolled steel balls
- technology for production of application ready special grades of rolled section and sheet metals with grooved surfaces.
The Consortium develops technologies for ferro-alloy production, designing new facilities and retrofitting existing ferro-alloy production plants:
turnkey plant and workshop design solutions for production of wide range of ferro-alloys:
- silicon ferro-alloys;
- chromium ferro-alloys;
- manganese ferro-alloys;
- complex alloys of titanium,
- niobium and other elements,
The process is executed thorugh integration of electrothermic ore reduction, electric furnace refining processes, vacuum degassing, metallothermic processes, electrolysis, hydrometallugical processes, molten mass mixing and other techniques.
In our engineering design, we cover the following areas:
- installed EAF power ranging from 1,5 to 75 MVA and more;
- production capabilities of new ferro-alloys previously unavailable in the region;
- setup for production of rare high-marketable alloying agents, ferro-alloys and other products;
- fit-out of ferro-alloy furnaces with highly efficient off-gas cleaning systems, allowing to meet the standards of strict regulations on emissions;
- integration of closed recycling water supply systems;
- production of end products classified by size;
- extensive application of flaming-slags;
- recovery of ferro-alloy off-gas for power and steam generation.
installation of modern ferro-alloy furnaces with rated power up to 75 MVA with pressure-sealed low roof-hoods, symmetrical low-voltage circuits, application of flaming charge slags and air impulse bag filters
Production of end ferro-alloy products classified by size significantly increases production profitability.
Our team at SEC India PVT.LTD offers a full range of turnkey services for construction of new facilities, renovation and retrofiting of existing plants.
We propose mutually fruitful cooperation with your company and we intend to contribute our values to the development of the economy and the mining and metallurgical complex of the Republic of India!